1. The exempt market is an interesting market full of creative, passionate, and intelligent people.
2. The exempt market is not the danger to society the regulator believes it to be.
3. The thing I like the most about the exempt market is the ability for the average investor to play alongside the world’s largest dollars.
4. The one rule I would change in the exempt market is I would change just about every recent ruling for eligible investors.
5. The stock market is massive, efficient and worthy of some of your client’s investment dollars
6. In regards to the exempt market, regulators continue to move the goalposts, making it difficult for the market to properly and efficiently expand.
7. The biggest misconception people have about the exempt market is it’s a minefield littered with the corpses of past failures.
8. The most important thing investors should know about the exempt market is there is no free lunch, put the work in.
9. Dealing Reps need to focus on building better more intimate relationships with issuers, you’re going to be stuck with them for an extended period of time.
10. There are not enough shared success stories in the exempt market.
11. There is too much apathy in the exempt market.
12. The exempt market is no place for sales people.
13. In 5 years the exempt market will be a key driver in national economic growth.
14. The biggest change in the exempt market has been the industry’s ability to react positively and adapt to consistently changing regulation.
15. The biggest challenge for the exempt market is building a functional relationship with regulators.
16. The key to longevity for the exempt market is building long term positive relationships with Issuers.
17. Critics of the exempt market are likely unaware of the benefits of a properly diversified investment portfolio.
18. NEMA is consistently working to help build a better, more sustainable and stable industry.