With Devon Cranson
1. The exempt market is a great place for all investors to build wealth.
2. The exempt market is not affected by public market volatility.
3. The thing I like the most about the exempt market is it gives investors the opportunity to invest directly alongside a strong management team.
4. The one rule I would change in the exempt market is the prescribed form of offering memorandum – investors would pay more attention to a shorter document.
5. The stock market is subject to market volatility.
6. In regards to the exempt market, regulators are creating a safer investment space for investors.
7. The biggest misconception people have about the exempt market is that investments are higher risk.
8. The most important thing investors should know about the exempt market is since they may lack liquidity, investments need to compensate with higher returns.
9. Dealing Reps need to insure they understand the investment products they are selling.
10. There is not enough public awareness about the exempt market.
11. There is too much hesitance and misconception about the exempt market.
12. The exempt market is no place for issuers that don’t have stellar track records.
13. In 5 years the exempt market will develop into an investment space where all investors hold higher allocations of private placements in their portfolios.
14. The biggest change in the exempt market has been the implementation of Offering Memorandum exemption in Ontario.
15. The biggest challenge for the exempt market is educating the average investor
16. The key to longevity for the exempt market is high quality issuers and offerings.
17. Critics of the exempt market are stock brokers who fear the private market.
18. NEMA is a support system for exempt market dealers looking to educate the public about the private markets.