Nema Asks Stephen Freedman, CEO, Chief Compliance Officer at Sloane Capital Corporation to "Fill in the Blanks"
1. The Exempt Market is the new black.
2. The Exempt Market is not exempt. It is inclusive.
3. The thing I like the most about the Exempt Market is that there are a lot of opportunities to choose from to make money.
4. One rule I would change in the Exempt Market is that you can’t participate unless you check the High Risk Tolerance box for each and every opportunity.
5. The Stock Market is so Flash Boys.
6. In regards to the Exempt Market, regulators are on the outside looking in. For better insight Regulators should consider adding staff who have been there and done that- in the Exempt space.
7. The biggest misconception people have about the Exempt Market is that it is all high risk and angel investing.
8. The most important thing investors should know about the Exempt Market is the opportunity it provides them to enhance their overall returns.
9. Dealing Reps need to be provided with the opportunity for ongoing, formal KYP.
10. In the Exempt Market there are there are a lot of mighty smart people with experience and excellent track records.
11. In the Exempt Market there is too much that is misunderstood by the retail investor. There are thousands of books on How to Invest in Stocks, Mutual Funds, Real Estate and everything else except the Exempt Market. NI 31-103 is still relatively new and it will take time for retail investors to get educated on what the Exempt Market is, and the opportunities it can provide to them.
12. The Exempt Market is no place for investors with short-term time horizons.
13. In 5 years the Exempt Market will be the shining light of many portfolios.
14. The biggest change in the Exempt Market has been September 28th, 2010.
15. The biggest challenge for the Exempt Market is that the large financial institutions have a marketing budget that dwarfs all EMD’s combined. The public only hears one message.
16. The key to longevity for the Exempt Market is educate the masses about what the Exempt Market really is and how they can benefit from it.
17. Critics of the Exempt Market are often dinosaurs.
18. NEMA is The Lone Ranger.